October 20, 2010

Pack-out

So I haven't blogged in awhile, partly because I was in Mexico last week and partly because things have been crazy getting ready for the movers to come today. I'll eventually write about the trip to Mexico, but for now, I'll focus on the pack-out.

Yesterday the moving company called and said the moving team would arrive between 10AM and noon, which I thought was awesome because I could sleep until 7 and then get up and do some last minute sorting, do a quick photo inventory, and then shower before they arrived. So I got up and felt motivated, so started working on the last-minute things, like filing some papers, pulling out utility account numbers to cancel them, sorting toiletries, picking jewelry to pack, etc. And at 8:10, the driver called and said he was about 10 minutes away...CRAP! I had to run out and move my car, shove some stuff in the 'Do Not Pack' closet, and then the semi pulled up.


Huge semi parked in front of the house

I am, of course, still in my Pjs, haven't eaten, brushed my hair or teeth, and feel completely frantic. For those interested, here's what our house has looked like for the past couple weeks...


Piles of books on the piano

Piles of crap in the office
More piles of crap in the office
Piles of crap in the bedroom
Wally - thinking 'what the heck is going on?'
After a quick walk-through, the team of packers split up into each of our rooms and went to work, while I sat on the couch playing on my computer and answered their questions. They probably started the actual packing at about 9AM...by about 1:30PM, they were done. All that's left in the house right now is the couch and loveseat that are going out with the trash on Monday, the spare bed that will eventually go to Erin's, a few things that will be sold on craigslist or donated to Goodwill, clothes and toiletries. And the cats (who are both in hiding).

Not sure what I'll be doing for the next week, but I have a feeling I'll be busy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment