October 5, 2010

Ikea furniture

I got my new Ikea furniture on Saturday! Well, I got most of it, but unfortunately they didn't have the awesome green sleeper sofa that I want. I'll pick it up when I get to DC. I spent Sunday assembling furniture and watching football games, and then Chris helped me put together a couple of things that were too unwieldy for me to do alone. Here's a sampling of what I got...

Armchair with awesome patterned slipcover
Red desk & chair
Dining room chairs
If you haven't been able to guess, I like colorful things! I'll have the patterned chair and green sofa in the living room with a coffee table made of 4 smaller tables, 2 dark brown and 2 yellow. Then yellow and red floating shelves on the wall, the red desk in a little nook between the living room and kitchen, and a shiny white dining table with the light blue chairs. I think that about covers everything. I'm looking forward to decorating the new apartment...that should keep me busy for a couple days at least.

In other news, the moving company is coming on Thursday to do my pre-pack survey, so I'm busy sorting out what's needs to be sold/donated/given away, what Chris is taking to his brother's house, and what I'm taking to DC (which also has to be sorted into what goes to the apartment and what goes to storage).

I'm leaving for Cancun in 5 days! Time to start packing...

1 comment:

  1. Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
    Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
    More here used office furniture for sale

    ReplyDelete