January 23, 2011

Birthday Week

Well, my birthday was on Wednesday. My parents were in town to celebrate with me, so that was nice! They got here last Saturday afternoon and were here until Thursday. We went to the Holocaust Museum, the Museum of Crime & Punishment, and the Portrait Gallery last weekend before I had to head back to work on Tuesday. Plus, they helped me hang a large shelf in my apartment which was too big for me to do alone. So now I think the apartment is complete.

We ate dinner out every night while they were here, which was nice because I rarely go out to eat - it's not much fun when you go alone. We hit Ruby Tuesday, Old Ebbitt Grill, Cafe Italia, Fogo de Chao, and Founding Farmers...all of which have now been reviewed on Yelp :)

I got some super cute rain/snow boots from my parents, which I haven't had an opportunity to wear yet, but maybe this week. Also, some beautiful flowers from Chris were delivered to my office on Wednesday. Thanks to everyone who sent me cards or wished me well on Facebook! It was a good birthday, and hopefully the start of another good year!

Oh, and also, my blog got a mention on the Weekly State Department Blog Roundup last week! I'm moving up in the world! Maybe that will encourage me to blog more frequently...we'll see....

1 comment:

  1. Finally some new posts! Those rain boots look exciting, you should definitely go goloshing at the first opportune time.

    ReplyDelete