November 11, 2011

I am thankful for a Jeep...and Sam's Club...


Boy am I glad that the rental car guy gave us an SUV instead of the full-size car we reserved….we filled that sucker up today.  Our day started when we left the apartment at 7:30am, and we finally got home and unloaded at 6:30pm. In between, we stopped at Sam’s Club, Kohl’s, Hobby Lobby, Target, Petsmart, and Petco…plus Chik-FIl-A, Friendly’s and Starbucks.

The day brought back memories of my days at U of I when I was a commissar and Chris, Danny, Tina and I would go buy food for Strat and Koin each week. We’d load Chris’s Jeep up to the brim and then figure out how to get ourselves back home....
Filling up the Jeep at U of I (must've been finals week with all that soda).... 


Today was a bit like that, complete with the Jeep…
...and today after our first stop at Sam's.

I was prepared for a super expensive day, but, while it was definitely a big expense, it wasn’t as bad as I feared…and it’s kind of nice to think that we won’t have to worry about buying some of this stuff for at least a year. In the end, I think we spent more on stuff for the cats than for ourselves….LOTS and LOTS of cat food and litter…

Our "Consumables Corner"

Tomorrow will be spent organizing and cleaning because Chris’s college buddies, Sam and Danny, are coming to spend a week with us in DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment